Casino deposit methods explained: credit/debit cards
From eWallets and eVouchers to bank transfers and even paying by mobile, there is a vast array of deposit methods open to the frequenters of online casinos and other gambling sites.
In many cases, however, players have been sticking with the familiarity of their debit and credit cards.
High RTP slots where you can deposit with credit/debit cards? Visit our best payout slots online list and check them out
What are the options?
You are certain to have seen at least some of the debit and credit cards outlined below.
Some of them are much more commonly accepted among online casinos and gambling sites:
• VISA: this credit card is one of the most recognisable in the world and is as close to universally accepted by casino sites as it’s possible to be.
• VISA Debit: with VISA Debit, you can process deposits straight from your account, as opposed to paying later and potentially incurring interest.
• VISA Electron: similar to VISA Debit in that VISA Electron is also a debit card. The only difference is that your account cannot be overdrawn.
• MasterCard: another of the world’s best-known credit cards, MasterCard is pretty much just as accessible as VISA among online casinos.
• Maestro: MasterCard devised Maestro as a debit card that could enable users to make payments directly from a linked bank account.
• American Express: hailing from America, this credit card is gradually becoming more popular in other territories, but it’s not widely accepted at casino sites.
• Diners Club International: the same can also be said of Diners Club, which is a form of charge card operated by Discover Financial Services.
How to deposit with credit/debit cards
If you have ever made an online payment with a credit or debit card, then you should find the process quite similar to depositing with an online casino, albeit with a couple of extra steps to follow:
• Pick a casino: let’s say that you have done your homework and selected a casino after reading through some informative reviews. Don’t forget to overlook aspects such as licences, security, and terms and conditions.
• Make a casino account: select the option to create an account with your selected casino. You can then follow the basic process of entering your name, date of birth, address, and contact details.
• Visit the cashier: now that your account is active, you can use the casino interface to go see the cashier. In this section of the site, you can then select your preferred casino deposit method, which will be one of the credit/debit cards displayed.
• Complete the deposit: enter the amount of money you would like to transfer and then provide your card number, card type, and security code. You might then have to provide a password, depending on your credit/debit card provider.
• Use the funds: at this point, you should be looking at the deposited funds in your account. Now you can start exploring the many gaming options made available to you in the casino library.
Top tips for depositing with credit/debit cards
You shouldn’t encounter any difficulties with the process once you have deposited a few times.
Nevertheless, there are some important tips that you are recommended to observe at online casinos and gambling sites:
• Casino licence: always check that a casino has a relevant licence. After all, you’re going to be providing the site with your credit card number and other details. You don’t want that information falling in the wrong hands.
• https: Hyper Text Transfer Protocol Secure is an advancement on the now-date http letters that you see in website addresses. Look for https in your casino’s address to ensure that the site is highly secure.
• SSL: Secure Sockets Layer is a form of 128-bit encryption that is designed to jumble up your credit card details when being transferred to the casino. SSL designation is denoted by a green lock in a casino’s web site address.
• Verified by VISA: this is an added layer of security that requires you to submit a password when making VISA payments online. The deposit will only be confirmed by your bank when the correct password is provided.
• MasterCard SecureCode: MasterCard has its own version of Verified by VISA. Functionally, it’s pretty much the same and can give you even greater security whenever you want to deposit with casino sites.
• Online banking: use your online banking to frequently track your casino deposits. If there is anything that you don’t recognise, then contact your bank straight away for specialist fraud support.
• Deposit values: check when depositing to ensure that your transaction falls within the permissible limits that are dictated by the casino site. Some cards can be assigned higher or lower valuations compared to others.
Security is pretty much the most important thing to remember about making debit or credit card casino deposits.
Fortunately, you can stay safer online by sticking to our advice for this method and all of the alternative payment methods accepted by online casinos.
Gambipedia.com has a big list of safe and secure casinos, which excellent deposit & withdrawal methods.
Depending on your location we can recommend different brands.
For players from North America and specifically USA we recommend: Roaring 21 Casino.
To read our full review of this USA friendly casino, visit our Roaring 21 Casino Review.
For European players and particularly those in United Kingdom, we recommend Luxury Casino.
One of the safest UK casinos with great withdrawal times and loyalty program. For a full review visit out Luxury Casino Review
For players Worldwide, that neither live in USA nor UK, we recommend Yukon Gold Casino.
Part of the Casino Rewards network, this casino is safe & secure with a great loyalty program. For a full review visit Yukon Gold Casino Review.
If you are interested in a bigger list of casinos visit our recommended casinos list